In order to connect to the D11 VPN on a macOS computer, you will need to follow the steps outlined below. This will only work if you have a current D11 username and password. If you are using a Windows 10 computer, please see this article for the settings.
- Open System Preferences. In most cases, unless you removed it, you should see it on your dock. This App looks like a grey box with gears inside of it. If it is not on your dock, look for it in your applications folder.
- Once the System Preferences open you will need to locate the Network Settings options. Depending on your version of macOS it may be located in slightly different places in your System Preferences. In all cases, you are looking for a purple circle with internet lines running through it.
- In the Network pane, find and click the "+" button located below all your various network connections.
- In the window that opens, click on the dropdown for "Interface" and choose "VPN"
- Once you have the VPN option selected you should see another dropdown menu. In the menu select L2TP over IPSEC and then fill in the "Service Name". We suggest entering something easily recognizable like "D11 VPN", but the name does not actually matter.
- You should now see your initial VPN setup in your list of available networks. A few more steps are needed to finish the configuration.
- Leave the Configuration dropdown as "Default"
- Enter the Server Address - 184.108.40.206
- Enter your account name - cssd11\yourshortname (ex:wattsdr)
- Check the box labelled "Show VPN status in the menu bar"
- Next, click on the button that says "Authentication Settings".
- In the "User Authentication" section, enter YOUR D11 network password in the text box.
- In the "Machine Authentication" section, enter the "D11VPN!" in the "Shared Secret" text box.
- Next, click on the button that says "Advanced". In the "Advanced" section, make sure the box is checked next to "Send all traffic over VPN connection and then click the "OK" button.
- Finally, click the "Apply" button. Your computer should now be configured to connect to the D11 Network through our VPN.
- Now that you are set up when you want to connect you can go up to the menu bar and select the VPN icon and choose "Connect D11 VPN". Please do not stay connected if you are not actively needing to use the VPN.
If you have any questions please contact the D11 Support Center at 520.2211.