In order to connect to the D11 VPN on a Windows 10 computer, you will need to follow the steps outlined below. This will only work if you have a current D11 username and password. If you are using an Apple / Mac product please see this article for setup instructions.
- At the bottom left of your screen, use the search option to locate the Software Center application and open it.
- When the Software Center opens, you are looking for an application titled "Cisco AnyConnect VPN". If you do not see it in your list you can use the search option in the top right corner of the Software Center app. Once you locate the Cisco AnyConnect VPN application, click on it.
- On the next screen, locate the "Install" button and click it. This will begin the install process. You do not need any admin rights on your computer to install this application so it should start the process with a download and then go directly into installing for you.
- Within a short period of time after clicking the install button you should see the Installation Progress / Download Progress window appear.
- Once the installation is complete, you should notice the Installation Progress / Download Progress window disappears. Close the Software Center window using the "X" in the top right corner and then navigate to your Windows Start Menu in the bottom left of your screen. Scroll down your list (it should be in alphabetical order) until you see a folder that is labeled "Cisco", you may see a few with similar labels but you are looking for the one that has a "new" badge next to it indicating software was just installed.
- Click on this folder and you should see the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility application. Click on that application to run it for the first time.
- You should now see a small application running in the bottom right corner of your screen. In this application, click the "Connect" Button.
NOTE: If there is nothing in the box next to the Connect button please enter the following address, https://d11.org-npjgvjpghjc.dynamic-m.com, and then click the connect button
- In the next screen that opens, enter your D11 Short Username (this is the first five (5) letters of your last name followed by your first initial and your middle initial if you have one) and then click the "OK" button.
- Once the system authenticates the credentials you have provided, you will be presented with a warning regarding the D11 Acceptable Use Agreement (AUA). Please read through this the first time to make sure you understand and then click the "Accept" button to accept the conditions of using the D11 VPN.
- The application should appear from your view at this point and you should get a notification that shows you are connected. This notification may pop back up from time to time. If you find that the notifications are a nuisance, you can click on it and turn off the notifications.
- If you want to check the status of your connection you can click on the carrot icon in your taskbar. If you see the icon with a closed lock you should be connected to the VPN. You can also click on the icon to reveal the application again in full size.
- Finally, as a good measure, if you do not have a reason to be connected to our network we ask that you please disconnect from it. Please only use the VPN when you have to access files that are only available on our network.
Your computer should now be configured to connect to the D11 Network through our VPN. If you have any questions please contact the D11 Support Center at 520.2211.