Jul 19, 2019
Printer logic is a web-based software that allows end-users to easily install drivers for available printers that are mapped on the CSSD11 network. Printer logic can be found in one of two places, the first being printerlogic.cssd11.k12.co.us and the other one being an icon located on the Windows 10 System Tray. The KB article below describes how to use the System Tray method. If you do not have the icon in your Windows 10 System Tray, you can use the URL method and skip to step number 3.
System Tray Method
- Navigate to the bottom right corner of your Windows 10 computer screen and click on the upside-down carrot (arrow) to reveal shortcuts for applications/tasks that can be run.
- You should see a printer icon with a green "+" symbol on it, as depicted in the image below.
- If you do not see the icon in your system tray, you will need to use the URL method to install the Printer Logic Client.
- Upon clicking on the icon, your default web browser (Chrome, Explorer, Edge, etc) will open a web page with a map of your school. Depending on your school and how the viewing permissions were set up last year you may see more or less printers available. Your map should look similar to this, but will only list your assigned schools.
- To manually install a printer, you will hover over the printer and then click the install printer button that appears.
- Next, you will be presented with a popup window that will ask you to confirm the install.
- You also will have the option to set this printer as your default printer, if you wish, by clicking the checkbox in the bottom left corner.
- Next, you should see a status window appear with the status of your install
- Once the printer has successfully installed you will get a final notice that should say "example_printer_xxxx has been successfully installed.
- If you wish to double-check that the printer is installed, you can navigate to the "Printers & Scanners" settings window and look for it in the list of printers